Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Am I insane??

I sit here with a question in my head.

Should I run for the local school board or not?

I am one of those people who have a lot of opinions, and I get very mad at times at those in charge because I don't think they do their jobs correctly.

I guess that would qualify me to either put up or shut up.

Running for any sort of office has not really ever crossed my mind, and while this is a relatively small position, it is one that I have to be elected into.

I always thought of myself as the kind that would watch from the sidelines, give my opinion, have someone else say “hey that’s a great idea, let me get to work on that” and then go on my way.

I understand the concept of if you want something done you have to do it yourself, but I am not sure I am qualified for such a job.

It is not something that I do out of want, but with the situation as it is this may be something I do out of necessity.
I have a little time to think about it but I won’t take too long in making my decision. I just hope I know what I am doing (God help us all :-} )

No comments: